Statement for Parents
“Holy Family Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”
In the interest of safeguarding children there may be occasions when the school has to consult other agencies without a parent’s prior knowledge. The schools first concern is the child’s welfare and the school has a duty to act to protect the child at all times. Such consultation may result in a formal referral which could prompt visits from social services and/or the police.
We fully understand that this can be a very distressing set of circumstances, but we can only assure you that we follow the procedures laid down by the Coventry Safeguarding Board, a copy of which is available in school as is a copy of our own policy.
The appropriate safeguarding of all children regardless of age, ability, race, culture, religion or class, is an essential element of the work of the governing body. It is a pre-requisite to the effective development and well being of the children who attend Holy Family Catholic Primary School, and should be seen as an underlying principle in all that we do.
The policies within this folder reflect this commitment. Policies however are not enough and governors are also committed to:
- Regular review of all practice.
- Appropriate induction and supervision.
- Regular and appropriate training.
- Sustaining the professional ethos which is open and supportive of staff, which puts children's safety and protection at its core.
- Ensure that Parents are aware of the school's commitment to this work.
Safeguarding Policies: The following policies are available to view on our Policies Page.
- Adult Volunteers Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Anti Racism and Racial Equality Policy
- Attendance Policy
- Behaviour Policy
- Child Protection Policy
- Collection of Children Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Confidentiality Policy
- Drugs, Smoking & Alcohol Policy
- E Safety & Acceptable Use Policy
- Educational Visits Policy
- Fire & Emergency Plan
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Governors Safeguarding Statement
- Health & Safety Policy
- Intimate Care Policy
- Looked After Children Policy
- Missing Children Policy
- Mobile Phone Policy
- Non Collection Children Policy
- Positive Handling Policy
- Radicalisation, extremism and terrorism - info for parents
- Relationships & Sex Education
- Safeguarding Statement for Parents
- School Security
- Sick Children Policy
- Supply Staff Policy
- Supporting Children with Medical Conditions Policy
- Syria Information
- The Prevent Strategy
- Visitors Policy
- What we do to keep you safe at Holy Family
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Work Placement Policy
- Working Alone (with Children) Policy