HOME LEARNING SPORTS CHALLENGES
Please look out on twitter for our sports challenges that you and your family can take part in to keep you active and healthy!
Every morning Monday - Friday you can join Joe Wicks on youtube for his PE lessons - see the following link https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
School Games Virtual Challenges (see above)
Our Sports Superstars!
Has your teacher tweeted a picture of you showing your sports skills?
We have taken part in lots of sports competitions this academic year:
- Year 5 Dodgeball heat winners (School Games)
- Year 5 Dodgeball Finals - 2nd place (School Games)
- Year 6 Boys winners of the Rowing heats (School Games)
- Holy Family Dancers runners up at the Coventry, Leamington and Solihull Talent Show (School Games)
- Netball Squad winners of their netball cup game (Catholic Schools)
- Holy Family swimmers Y4, 5 and 6 came 7th place at the Swimming Gala against all the other Catholic Schools in Coventry (Catholic Schools)
We are so proud of all of our children who have represented Holy Family in any sports competitions this year, well done all!
Holy Family Physical Education - Progression of Skills
In line with the National Curriculum requirements for Physical Education we have designed our PE progression at Holy Family to be inclusive to all children and enable them to progress in all skills. Their PE curriculum will enable them to move through the stages to become both competent and confident in demonstrating a range of skills in a variety of sports.
PE Planning and Assessment
At Holy Family we follow Primary PE Planning, this allows us to teach all of our children high quality PE that is skills based and progressive.
Our children are then assessed every half-term in the sport/skill they have been learning during those 6-8 weeks.
Below are some of the range of sports your child can expect to be taught in KS1 and KS2:
PE and Sport Premium
We our very fortunate to receive our PE and Sport Premium again for the Year 2019-2020. This money can be used to continue to develop the PE and Sport at Holy Family, this falls under the following 5 indicators:
1) The engagement all pupils in regular physical activity kick-starting healthy lifestyles.
2) The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
3) Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
4) Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
5) Increased participation in competitive sport.
Below is our impact report from 2018/19 and our proposed spend of this money for 2019/20.